Finished, For Now...

I made these drawings over the holidays. I just drew, and drew, and drew, until I couldn't draw anymore. I had a great time, but also a difficult time because I was in pain for over a month, and that was not fun. I have pain in a sensitive part of my body where I was sodomized when I was 12 years old. Some things never cease. I'm much older now, but I find the aftereffects of trauma inflicted are long and debilitating. I get reminded of it daily, and I tend to dissociate from my body because it was so emotionally painful. I'm safe now, but I have to remind myself of that on an hourly basis. Triggers are many, and I still have nightmares. I'm growing towards healing, and I'm so grateful for the love of my Mom, for she gives me so much guidance and grace. Jim also guides me from somewhere in the Universe, and his whispered words help me get through my days. I still have "conversations" with my late, big brother, and he shows me every moment of every day, his love from beyond death. I'm grateful and happy that I have such a loving big brother, and I know that when my time comes, he will be there to catch me. I miss you Jim. 

Run by M. Dickson 

Intergenerational violence has me
I am torn within my characteristics
The flagrant disapproval of your past experiences
Gone through the process of finding out what is
Approval for this piece isn't steady yet
I fathom in my mind to make sure opportunity was not enough
Together within the next step
Breaking oaths is the best way of distinction between
Crucial to our success leaves clues for our study
He ruined my life while doing it without peacefulness
Nowadays I found a better communicator for
We swam the world that we should not have, first-hand
Lengthened, there was segregation in my tomorrow's past...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Gift!

I Got A Grant!!